Friday, July 29, 2011

Vacation...

Tonight we're heading off to the beach for a week.  For most this would elicit joy and excitement.  For me, I'm somewhat indifferent, as I prefer the mountains and the woods.  I actually took up golf so I'd have something to do with my husband instead of baking on the beach waiting for him to return.  But, I'm armed with a grown-up book, The Help, and three knitting projects to complete.   I know I'll have plenty of things to occupy my mind. There are no professional books packed in my bag and the computer is staying at home.  The goal is to unplug for a week and to come back refreshed and ready to take on August with a vengeance.


Starting this blog was a huge step LEAP out of my comfort zone.  I wasn't sure what I wanted to write about, what I wanted to document or what I wanted to accomplish for that matter.  The biggest question I had was who would really want to read what I have to say?  I'm thrilled to pieces to have three followers!  This gives me encouragement.  While unplugging in the Carolinas, I plan to reflect on what I want this little piece of cyberspace to become.  So, look for more posts after August 7th.  I think I'm going to have a give away when I get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment