Saturday, July 23, 2011

Lazy

It is 7:30 p.m. on Saturday.

I have been up since 8 this morning.

I have done nothing productive today. 

Well, I unloaded the dishwasher and ran a load of laundry. 

I showered.

And I did some work getting a knitting project up and going for something to do on the car ride to the Carolinas next week.

However, the most enjoyable part of the day was just laying on the couch watching a marathon of Parking Wars.  I didn't watch this because I wanted to, I really found it to be too much energy to actually go find the remote.  So I watched, for two whole hours, the daily grind of several parking ticket giver-outers (I forget the real title) and the antics of irate people who were ticked off because they just couldn't follow directions.  In the back of my mind I was thinking there are X amount of things you could be working on for school, several books you could be finishing up, and after gazing around the family room I noticed I have a cobweb hanging from the ceiling which should be taken down. 

But, alas, I couldn't move myself from the comfort of the couch.  I think this is the first weekend since before Memorial Day we've not had some obligation, place to be, person to see and the peace and quiet was just too enjoyable.  Perhaps it's because I know these lazy days are now numbered.  A month from yesterday we'll be back at work and as teachers we all know how fast this last month of vacation goes.  I think, too, teachers struggle with the guilt of not being busy 24/7 and I'm finally at the point of vacation where that mind set is starting to wear-off, just in time for it to all start ramping up again.

Anyone else feel the same?

No comments:

Post a Comment